Saturday, November 06, 2004

Day Six - 50 Word Extract

From Chapter Six -

"Bruzetski gazed at the depths of the swirling gluark. ‘Would you risk your sanity, for one last day with the person you love?’

‘No,’ replied Mazzacane, needing no time for consideration. ‘But then I am a scientist.’ His eyes and smile glowed with pride. Efficiency, logic and the dedication to progress were the only tools he needed. "


I'm going to post a second extract because I couldn't decide which was my favourite part:



"Bruzetski stepped away from the mindslip device. ‘He deserves to know.’

‘Sawyer?’

Hell no. He’d cyber himself before he let Sawyer out of his reach. No. He had someone else in mind. Someone with nothing to lose.

Mazzacane mistook his silence for confirmation. ‘It would reduce the probable success of the mission.’

‘I said he deserved to know, not that I’d tell him.’

Mazzacane dismissed the entire notions of merit, honesty and decency with a limp wristed shrug."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home