Saturday, November 27, 2004

Made it - 50693 words in 27 days.

Here are some vital stats:

Total hours spent writing 72.2
Average hours per day: 2.67
Average words per hour: 702
Average words written per day: 1877


Unfortunately the stats don't tell what a cruel drag, an awful strain or a terrible ordeal the month of November has been. Will I ever attempt NaNoWriMo again? Maybe one day when I have forgotten the terror, the boredem, the frustation it brings.

But I should also mention the satisfaction, the sense of achievement and accomplishment earned. 27 days ago I had an idea for a novel. Today, I have a novel. It's very rough, it has plot holes everywhere, bits are missing, but it has a beginning a middle and an end - and it's something to work from.

No matter what happens from here, I have finally written a novel.

2 Comments:

At 1 December 2004 at 1:48 pm, Blogger Sherry said...

Yay, Darren, newly-minted novelist!!
But come on, the "terror"?
Oh, right, that's when I was threatening you if you didn't finish...
;-)
Sherry

 
At 21 December 2004 at 9:39 pm, Blogger munkholt said...

Yay, go you. Some day I'll make it ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home