Thursday, November 18, 2004

Day Eighteen Excerpt

I've really been struggling recently. I had to double my word count today to make up for a slack effort yesterday.

Here's adouble length extract for good measure:

"Finally, he could take down his wife’s murderer – before he struck. He laughed, there was always a catch. He had to stop him, but she still had to die.

‘I don’t see the funny side of this,’ said Naomi.

‘You wouldn’t,’ said Motion. ‘You never saw the blood before. Your blood, splattered,’ he strode to the wall and pointed, ‘over here,’ he ran to the mindslip, ‘over here,’ to the corner, ‘more here, lots more here.’

He raised the cannon muzzle.

She backed up, her hands raised defensively in front of her. ‘Motion… don’t… what are you doing?’

‘I didn’t know,’ he said. ‘Blood stains twice.’

The cannon unleashed its charge."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home